19B - Email To Groups Follow
When creating an email in GoExpo, you must select a To Group. Simply, the To Group is needed so that GoExpo knows who to send the email to.
To Group is a term used often in GoExpo when discussing the intended recipients of a campaign you wish to send. There are many different To Groups to choose from, including those with a predefined rule that indicates exactly who you are sending the email to, as well as those which you can create yourself from an external mailing list.
It is very important to note that not all To Groups function the same, so be sure to read the descriptions below before sending to a To Group for the first time.
Attendee To Groups
If your site is using the attendee module and you have already imported registered attendee accounts, you can email your attendees directly with an Attendee To Group.
When an attendee is described as being Active, it means they have a user account in the system and are allowed to log into the site and use it as intended. Active attendees most commonly apply to those who are currently registered to attend the show.
If an attendee has an account in Disabled status, they cannot log into the site, and more importantly, they will not receive any emails sent to an attendee To Group.
*All of the Attendee To Groups will only send to those attendee accounts with an Active Status in GoExpo.*
- All Attendees: All Active attendees with user accounts in the system.
- All Attendees Who Have Not Logged In: All of the attendees in the system who have not yet logged into their attendee account.
- All Attendees Who Have Not Updated Their Profile: All attendee accounts in the system have a profile that they may or may not be able to update after having logged in. If an attendee has not made any changes or updates to their profile, they will receive the email. Please note this includes attendees who have logged in but have not updated their profile.
- New Attendees: If your email is set to send to the New Attendees to group, it will only send to attendees that have been newly added to the system from the point the email is turned on. Once an attendee account has been added, the email will immediately deploy. New Attendee emails will remain in a continual state of Pending when turned on, and thus does not need a date/time scheduled. If the Email Attendee checkbox is selected when entering a new attendee into the system, the attendee will receive this email.
- Attendees After New Purchase: If your site contains any online upgrade packages which can be purchased by an
Please sign in to leave a comment.